TYPSA is carrying out the preliminary and detailed design for the widening to four lanes of a 24 km section of the AP-7 motorway between Martorell and Vilafranca del Penedès, in the Barcelona region, with the objective of improving traffic in view of the expected increase in demand.
With the implementation of this contract, commissioned by the Ministry of Public Works and Transport (MITMA) and with a value EUR 140 million, the AP-7 motorway will have four lanes in each direction. The widening will also include that of bridges, viaducts, over and underpasses and transversal drainage works, which will be carried out without interruption to the upper and lower traffic.
The highway structures affected are as follows:
- 13 overpasses with concrete bridge deck.
- 3 viaducts and 2 underpasses (one of railways) with double T beam bridge deck.
- 1 pergola type underpass (railways).
- 12 concrete frames, some with double function of road passage + drainage.
- 1 bicellular frame for drainage.