What we do
Ports and coasts
TYPSA first became involved in civil works for ports in the mid-1970s when conducting studies for the Port of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic. Since then, we have participated in the development and modernisation of major port and coastal areas, both in Spain and the rest of the world.
Our coastal engineering experience includes the general studies that overlap with port engineering as well as specific coastal projects focused on environmental aspects, master plans and eco-mapping studies.
Our expert teams are experienced in specialised port terminals and in using new design tools that simulate and study interaction with the marine environment.
Services in these fields cover all the life cycle phases of maritime and coastal works; from initial port planning studies, to breakwater and pier design, maritime construction supervision and repair and maintenance services for existing infrastructure.
- Master plans.
- Preliminary financial studies, and financial feasibility studies.
- Port terminal modelling and simulations.
- Intermodal terminal design.
- Project and construction management.
- Risk analysis.
- Tender support.
- Designs (conceptual, preliminary, detailed, as-built).
- Construction quality control.
- Construction engineering and inspection services.
- Inspection and maintenance plans.
- Passenger accessibility studies.