FLOOD RISK MANAGEMENT PLAN FOR VEGA BAJA DEL SEGURA
Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development, Climate Emergency and Ecological Transition of the Generalitat Valenciana.
Flood risk, due to the frequent overflow of the River Segura, the Crevillente mountain range ravines and the River Vinalopo for high return periods, in addition to the problems associated with the stormwater drainage for low return periods.
Study of solutions and development of a stormwater drainage management model to prevent flooding.
Prioritize the actions to be carried out, through the development of the following activities:
– Data collection and background analysis
– Elaboration of base cartography and topography.
– Geomorphological and historical flood studies.
– Creation of hydraulic models of the current situation, and the future situation incorporating the projected actions.
– Public participation and training.