ROAD-BIM is an innovative research project under development thanks to a grant from the Feder Innterconecta 2016 R&D programme in the Spanish Scientific and Technical Research and Innovation Plan. TYPSA is participating in partnership with a group of companies led by Sacyr Construcción and comprising the software company Aplitop, the BIM consulting firm Apogea, and Valencia Polytechnic University.
The project’s goal is to make construction project development and road safety management more efficient throughout the entire lifecycle by applying BIM methodology to information management processes. In fact, it was precisely this type of infrastructure that prompted the use of BIM methodology in response to the need to address the full lifecycle. The project goals will be achieved by designing, developing and validating various software applications for use at the different road lifecycle stages, including:
- Designing and developing a BIM format for road project information exchange.
- Incorporating road standards into the BIM model.
- Incorporating the analysis of road safety variables into the BIM model.
- Developing BIM applications that integrate the main environmental aspects for road project sustainability analysis.
- Validating BIM applications developed by applying them to specific road projects.